October Spotify Playlist


In order of addition:
  • Florence + The Machine - Only If For A Night
  • Aphex Twin - aisatsana [102]
  • Aphex Twin - Avril 14th
  • George Ezra - Cassy O'
  • The Drums - Down By The Water
  • blink-182 - Adam's Song
  • blink 182 - Dammit
  • blink 182 - I Miss You
  • Brand New - Sink
  • Adele - Hello
  • blink 182 - All The Small Things
  • blink 182 - What's My Age Again?
I was reluctant to post my playlist this month because I didn't feel any songs were particularly striking, inspiring, or infuriating, meaning I don't have a lot say. But it is late regardless, so let's get cracking!

I realise my only two songs featured by Aphex Twin (a recent discovery) aren't true to his regular style; after listening to a selection of his other songs I found that his style is not for me *right now*, but the two songs in my playlist definitely are. I added both to my 'Studying' playlist, although I tend to gravitate towards Avril 14th because it is softer and sweeter to listen to when trying to concentrate on dense readings. I also realise that I jumped way too hard on the blink best bits hype - who knows what overcame me? I started the playlist with Dammit being my all-time favourite, with memories of Guitar Hero at 13 years old, but ended the month with Adam's Song winning by a small margin. I love blink, they are the best nostalgic band. And to address the misplaced Adele addition... I mean, I hope you just know the power Adele has without elaboration. For a lyrically mediocre song it is so goddamn catchy. As I had mentioned in last month's post, I am a complete sucker for songs that have a belt-able chorus. "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIDE."

And on that unreachable note I'll sign off this short post!
Ang x

No comments